Use the index below to find the information you require.
- What Is Simple.Data?
- Supported Databases
- Requirements And Dependencies
- Where To Download It
Commands that retrieve multiple results as a SimpleQuery object.
QueryByare now deprecated in favour of using All and FindAllBy respectively.
Commands that return a single result as a SimpleRecord object
FindByis now deprecated in favour of using FindAllBy.FirstOrDefault() or Get. More details here.
Commands that return a single scalar result
- GetCount (Updated)
- GetCountBy (Updated)
- Exists, Any (New)
- ExistsBy, AnyBy (New)
GetScalaris now deprecated in favour of applying ToScalar() or ToScalarOrDefault to FindAllBy.FirstOrDefault() or Get
- Column Selection : Select, Star and AllColumns
- Retrieving Distinct Values : Distinct
- Column Aliasing : As
- Where Clauses : Where, Operators, IN, BETWEEN, LIKE, IS NULL
- Ordering Results : OrderBy, OrderByDescending, ThenBy, ThenByDescending (Updated)
- “Lazy-loading” and “Eager-loading” & evaluation strategies in Simple.Data.
- Lazy-loading joins : Natural Joins, Join, LeftJoin & OuterJoin
- Eager-loading joins : With, WithOne, WithMany (New)
- String length : Length (new)
- Casting to Scalar values
ToScalar, ToScalarList, ToScalarArray, ToScalarOrDefault
- Casting to objects
Implicit Casting, Cast<T>, ToList, ToList<T>, ToArray, ToArray<T>
- Paging functions
Skip, Take, WithTotalCount (forthcoming)
- LINQ-like functions
First, FirstOrDefault, Single, SingleOrDefault(forthcoming)
Testing Your Code
Simple.Data provides the InMemoryAdapter for unit testing